Article number: FNO 2018
FACIT Norden is the specialized catalogue featuring all stamps of the Nordic countries in colour. The stamps from 1951 onwards are described with varieties, while the stamps from the period before 1951 are described with issue and denomination, without varieties, with the price for a normal stamp. All stamp booklets are listed with varieties, even before 1951.
In this edition the following has been added or changed:
* The work with replacement of pictures continues. The Norwegian section has had no less than 124 stamp pictures replaced with ones of higher quality.
* Revision of some of the English text – an ongoing project.
* Essays for Lying Lion are revised.
* P.A. Nyman’s essay with Carl XV is revised.
* Updates of the largest known units for Sweden F1-F49.
* Shade news for delivery 11 of 4 Skilling Banco (F2).
* New shade names for 3 öre Lying Lion (F14A).
* Updates of the machine-produced booklets (H52-H91).
* Revision of Greenland’s pakkeporto parcel stamps and their cancellations.
* A new section about Greenland’s postal history as well as a new article about the use of pakkeporto stamps with pictures of rare items.
* Danish West Indies, issued quantities of the Christian X issue of 1915-1916 have been updated according to important information from Ib Krarup Rasmussen in Dansk Filatelistisk Tidskrift No. 5, 2016.
* Some revisions of “British military mail in Iceland during WW II”.
* An article about collecting classic Finland (1856) and for the first time ever in a FACIT catalogue an article in Finnish as well as in English!
* Danish West Indies, Finland, the Faroe Islands and Greenland have had their flags or coats of arms framed.
* In the price column a dot (.) is now used to separate thousands.
* Lots of price adjustments and various corrections throughout the entire catalogue.
* Updated membership roster for the Swedish Stamp Dealers Association.
* Adverts from stamp dealers and auctioneers.
The price of the catalogue, which has 912 colour pages, is SEK 450 incl. VAT (p&p will be added).